Digital Crate Digging Continues per the HumpDay Extravaganza segment that’s going down!!
What’s the deal? we’re out here trying to get over the hump, check out how we play!! this sonic regiment is throwing down!!
We’re bum rushing the spot, making it hot!! rebuking the polar vortex hitting the country from the Midwest, to north to the south..
Cold crushing? making it hot like North Korea and Iran nuclear programs? Trump mentioned slow your roll man / watch your mouth!!
It’s nothing man!! we’re ringing the alarm, playing it like Manu Dibango ringing a New Bell; this is from his Soul Makossa album..
It’s something man!! it’s that good afro beat / jazz funk!! check out the players and the track!! per this Humpday Extravaganza we’re styling and profiling!!
Digital Crate Digging Continues per my Saturday Night Fever format..
The saga / struggle continues, but we were encouraged; we were told to “go on with that”
The saga / struggle continues, supreme courage and maximum strength is exercised…
We’re ringing the alarm with this sound an good word; naysayers will act surprised
We’re ringing the alarm, plots and schemes were devised; per Manu Dibango vs Masters at Work we’ll ring a New Bell
We’re ringing the alarm!! plots and schemes were devised!! beats will bang plus O-Zone was accused of acting brand new because he had a story to tell..
Source: Random Thoughts From A Brotha: Manu Dibango vs Masters at Work – New Bell
Digital Crate Digging Continues on what I like to call the Saturday Night Fever!!
We’re checking out the Lafayette Afro Rock Band with their version of Soul Makossa. Of course Manu Dibango was famous because of his version. Let’s check this one out / Let’s Go!!
Sunday Jazz Continues!! We’re checking out some jazz funk / afrobeat from Manu Dibango with a track called Happy Feeling. Check out the players and the track..
- Arranged By, Saxophone [Solo Saxes], Marimba, Vibraphone [Vibes], Electric Piano [Fender], Piano, Vocals – Manu Dibango
- Bass – Clyde Bullard, Robbie Shakespeare
- Conductor [Strings] – Ray Jones
- Congas, Percussion – “Crusher” Bennett, Mike “Boo” Richards*, “Sticky” Thompson*
- Drums – Mickey “Boo” Richards*, Sly Dunbar
- Guitar – Mickey “Mao”Chung*, Wayne Armond, Willie Lindo
- Keyboards – Ansel Collins, Clive “Azul” Hunt*, Peter Ashbourne, Robbie Lyn
- Producer, Recorded By, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards – Geoffrey Chung
- Saxophone – Lou Marini, Michael Breker*
- Trombone – Barry Rogers, Ed Byrne
- Trumpet – Jon Faddis, Mike Lawrence, Randy Brecker
- Vocals – Brend White*, Frank Floyd, Gwen Guthrie, Ullanda Mc Cullough*, Yvonne Lewis
Sunday Jazz Continues!! we’re checking out some jazz funk, jazzdance, afrobeat from Manu Dibango –with a smooth track called Deliverance!! Check it out!!