Digital Crate Digging Continues on this Flashback Friday! check us out as we get retro futuristic!
The saga / struggle continues aka life goes on as the toil and strife goes on; we’re way way out there broadcasting live from a remote outpost out off of I-20 in Atlanta, can you dig it?
O-Dog Day Partying earlier but we’ve got other work to do, check us out as we drop this Afternoon Jazz!
We’re in the heart of this thing, it’s rough out here! we’re trying not to spaz!
We’re listening to some jazz funk from drummer Tony Williams with a track called Hip Skip.
Check out the players and the track as we maintain, we’re trying not to flip!
Check this out at Tony Williams – Hip Skip
Digital Crate Digging Continues….checking out Up For The Down Stroke by Fred Wesley and The Horny Horns.
- Bass – Bootsy Collins
- Drums – Bootsy Collins, Frank Waddy, Jerome Brailey
- Guitar – Bootsy Collins, Catfish Collins, Garry Shider, Glen Goins, Michael Hampton
- Horns – Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Bernie Worrell
- Producer – Bootsy Collins, George Clinton
- Saxophone [Tenor, Alto] – Maceo Parker
- Trombone – Fred Wesley
- Trumpet – Richard Griffith, Rick Gardner
- Vocals – Bernie Worrell, Bootsy Collins, Catfish Collins, Dawn Silva, Fred Wesley, Gary Mudbone Cooper, George Clinton, Lynn Mabry, Maceo Parker, Randy Crawford, Richard Griffith, Rick Gardner, Robert “P-Nut” Johnson, Taka Kahn
Sunday Jazz Continues!! I always like Steely Dan…with they’re jazz flavored sounds and futuristic lyrics….this is Steely Dan protege Donald Fagen with a cut called I.G.Y. (What a Beautiful World)
According to Wikipedia, “the ‘I.G.Y.’ of the title refers to the ‘International Geophysical Year’, an event that ran from July 1957 to December 1958.
The I.G.Y. was an international scientific project promoting collaboration among the world’s scientists. Fagen’s lyrics reference futuristic concepts such as solar-powered cities, a transatlantic tunnel, permanent space stations, and spandex jackets.”
Steely Dan / Mr. Fagen always had top notch / all star players backing him up….check out the players and the track…
Source: Random Thoughts From A Brotha: Donald Fagen –I.G.Y. (What a Beautiful World)
Sunday Jazz Continues!! We’re listening to some disco jazz from The Brecker Brothers with a track called Don’t Stop The Music!! We don’t plan to!! Check out the players and the track / Let’s Go!!
- Alto Saxophone – Lou Marini
- Arranged By [Horns And Strings] – Doug Riley
- Baritone Saxophone – Lew Del Gatto*
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Will Lee
- Cello – Jesse Levy, Richard Locker
- Concertmaster – Gene Orloff
- Drums – Chris Parker
- Electric Guitar, Guitar [Electric 12-string] – Steve Khan
- Electric Piano – Jerry Friedman
- Guitar – Hiram Law Bullock
- Keyboards – Don Grolnick, Doug Riley
- Percussion – Ralph McDonald*
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Michael Brecker
- Trombone – Barry Rogers, David Taylor
- Trumpet – Alan Rubin
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Trumpet [Electric] – Randy Brecker
- Viola – Alfred Brown, Lamar Alsop, Richard Maximoff
- Violin – Aaron Rosand, Ariana Bronne*, Guy Lumia, Harold Kohon, Harry Lookofsky, Matthew Raimondi, Paul Gershman, Peter Dimitriades, Sanford Allen
Digital Crate Digging Continues per the HumpDay Extravaganza!! We’re listening to some soul jazz from The Brecker Brothers with a track called Not Ethiopia. Check out the players and the track..