Sunday Jazz Continues on a hot / humid Sunday morning here in Atlanta…
It’s a blessing to be here even though we’re in the midst of these twin pandemics; somebody will understand a brotha..
…as we deal with systematic racism and the coronavirus as word to the so called was and continues to be ignored..
..as we deal with it; Pops warned me about the wise and otherwise back in the day, now bearing witness as those points are made / scored…
…as we deal with it / real with it; trying to chill with it taking Sunday morning walks trying to get some fresh air, maybe I can clear my head..
…as the slight breeze blows, catching the scent of this Stix Hooper influenced Jasmine Breeze? the melodies play out in my head ..
Sonic knowledge dropped by the great Crusaders drummer, he’s got a couple of those cats from the Crusaders “running with him” on this project; check out the other players and the track..
Acknowledging the madness hasn’t stopped check the ongoing charades!! eased when the music is played! check the sound as we “holla back”
Drums, Percussion –
Producer – Stix Hooper, Joe Sample, Wilton Felder
Sunday Jazz Continues…checking out some jazz / funk / rock fusion from Lee Ritenour – with his classic track Captain Fingers from the album of that name…check out the all star players he has on that album with him and the funky track…
- Bass – Alphonso Johnson, Anthony Jackson, Bill Dickinson, Charles Meeks, Mike Porcaro
- Congas – Victor Feldman
- Drums – Harvey Mason,
- Flute – Dave Valentin
- Guitar – Dennis Budimir, Jay Graydon, Mitch Holder, Ray Parker Jr.
- Guitar [Electric], Guitar [Classical], Guitar [Synthesizer] – Lee Ritenour
- Keyboards – Dave Grusin, David Foster, Dawilli Gonga, Ian Underwood, Patrice Rushen
- Percussion – Alex Acuña, Harvey Mason, Steve Forman
- Producer – Skip Drinkwater
- Saxophone – Ernie Watts
- Synthesizer – Ian Underwood
Source: Random Thoughts From A Brotha: Lee Ritenour – Captain Fingers
Digital Crate Digging Continues per some Flashback Friday business..
My mind races back to the future; I have flashbacks plus I visualize the sequence..
Some know what the deal is / know what the real is!! they peeped this!! they checked the scenario..
They see how it’s going down from settlements in Jerusalem, inner city streets / ghettos / to the barrio..
What it do? reflecting while listening to Billy Cobham with El Barrio; listening to the funky drummer..
What it do? check out the all star players and the track / check the scenario!! check the messages in the drum bro!!
Sunday Jazz Continues!! We’re checking out this classic jazz funk / jazz rock from Alphonso Johnson with a track called On the Case!! Check out the players and the track..
Digital Crate Digging Continues; checking out this smooth track from Eddie Henderson – called Involuntary Bliss. Check out the players and the track!!
- Acoustic Bass – Buster Williams
- Drums – Billy Hart, Harvey Mason
- Electric Bass, Effects – Alphonso Johnson
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Clavinet, Synthesizer [Mini Moog, Arp Odyssey, Arp String Ensemble] – George Duke
- Marimba – Bobby Hutcherson
- Tenor Saxophone, Saxello, Bass Clarinet – Bennie Maupin
- Trombone, Horn [Post] – Julian Priester
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Cornet – Eddie Henderson