Digital Crate Digging Continues…checking out this real soul music from Curtis Mayfield …with his classic cut Move On Up…listening to it closely…noticed it has a jazzy /drum and bass feel to it around the 4 minute mark…
Digital Crate Digging Continues…Halloween is tomorrow…guess I make a contribution to the cause…checking out Berlin DJ /Producer Phonique ( Michael Vater) …with his cut called Vincent Price..he of horror movie fame….check this out….
Digital Crate Digging Continues…most of the East Coast is getting hit up by high winds and rain from Sandy…formerly known as Hurricane Sandy before being downgraded..but still doing damage.
I guess were living “Life In The Rain” jazz , funk, hip hop style….per this Quantic track!! ..or is it caught in the reign? that’s another story….in the meantime and between time check the track…
Sunday Jazz Continues…in conjunction with digital crate digging…had to dig real deep to find this one…its the Donald Byrd & Pepper Adams Quintet ft. Herbie Hancock with a track called Currio’s
…Donald Byrd pre-Mizell Brothers…plus Herbie Hancock pre-Headhunters..its nice and smooth though!! these cats are playing!! check out the players and the track….
Donald Byrd – trumpet…..Pepper Adams – baritone saxophone
Herbie Hancock – piano…..Laymon Jackson – bass….Jimmy Cobb – drums
Sunday Jazz Continues….checking out some hip hop / jazz /funk ….an instrumental version of Mos Def’s Mathematics …which was produced by DJ Premier…hot!!
Digital Crate Digging Continues…and I mean some real crate digging
…posted up vibe player Khan Jamal on my other site The Sonic Assault…while doing the knowledge / research on Khan Jamal I noticed he played in Sunny Murray’s The Untouchable Factor group
….here’s a cut from that group….featuring Sunny Murray, drums; Khan Jamal, vibes; Fred Hopkins, bass; David Murray, reeds; Byard Lancaster, saxophone and flute….
These cats are getting off!! check them out…..
Digital Crate Digging Continues….checking out this classic Donald Byrd /125th st / NYC track…Love Has Come Around…the long / 12″ version…nice!!
Digital Crate Digging Continues….checking out this mix from Perceptor called the Liquid Dubstep Mix Episode 4 ….this mix has a jazzy feel to it…..check out the playlist and the mix…
0:00 The XX – Intro (Deep Focus Remix)
4:14 Blackmill – The Light (Full Version)
9:22 Blackmill – Journey’s End
13:56 Nutronic – Run Away (xKore Remix)
18:31 Blackmill – Evil Beauty
21:47 Ellie Goulding – Your Song (Blackmill Remix)
26:06 Phaeleh -Should Be True
Check out the playlist and enjoy the mix……
● Tracklisting ●
1. Statix — Mind Over Matter — Screwloose 2. Statix — Purgatory — Rottun
3. Statix — Devoid of a Soul — Rottun 4. Statix — Proxima Centauri — Free Download
5. Statix — Origin — Free Download 6. Gatekeeper — Ignite ft Grillza & Dread (Statix Remix) — Screwloose
7. Statix — Samurai (Matta Remix) — Screwloose 8. Statix — Grudge (Balkansky Remix) — Culture Assault Dub
9. Statix — Mind Over Matter (Sinister Souls Remix) — Screwloose 10. Eddie K & Statix — Blinded — Hench
11. Statix — Escape — Screwloose 12. Teknian — Desperados (Statix Remix) — Screwloose
13. Statix — Samurai — Screwloose 14. Eddie K & Statix — Anymore — Hench 15. Eddie K & Statix — Anymore (100bpm edit) – Hench
16. Eddie K & Statix — Anymore (Astronaut Remix) – Dub 17. Statix & N3gus — A.D.D — Free Download
18. Statix — Mind Over Matter (LoKo Remix) — Screwloose 19. Foreign Beggars ft Alix Perez — LDN (Eddie K & Statix Remix) — Never Say Die
20. Statix — Intergalactic Temples — Dub 21. Statix — Londinium — Screwloose
22. Statix — Londinium (Vexisle Remix) — Screwloose 23. Kate Mcgill — Replaced (Statix Remix)
Were all in…trying to multi-task…a jack of all trades but a master of none.. like Bank of America mortgage frauds..society disrespects!
Were all in…we kept on running.…..we win some and lose some..then we tie like soccer or hockey!
Were all in…O-Dizzle is the funky type of soul brotha….he’ll use the drum plus O-Zone will use the battle cry Lord Help! Lord Help! finding out where the solid rock will be!
The system will knock me and my hustle..like they do Obama….I discussed this with the homies on Candler Rd in Decatur!
How you living brotha? a joker over on Memorial Drive asked me… soon subject to the authority the whims of a hater!
A thin ice skater will try to be a dictator but the Arab Spring shows that style is played out!
Plus global warming is in full effect..plus a fool gets no respect…out onto melting Arctic glaciers they strayed out!
No longer cooler than a polar bear….jokers are caught up in a raid out there caught up in the system / matrix!
Were all in….from the homies on Polar Rock Rd in Atlanta to my peeps on Beatties Ford Rd in Charlotte in the heart of it..real with it…they didn’t fake it!
So whats the deal with it? polar opposites go at it like Shiites vs Sunni Muslims in Pakistan.…
Damn!! it looks like were all in…like the Microsoft Surface vs the Apple iPad…its on…once again…